Saturday, January 31, 2009

Polar Bear Plunge



"Sure, I'll do it"

Nice Weather

hey, there's a guy with a plunger on his head!
Oh, I get it.



dressing room (tent)
"How's the water?"
"Uh, cold."

"Group #26, here we go!"
Run, Larry
Bad DJ
"Insane in the membrane . . . insane in the brain"
memories . . . of high school
memories . . . in the making

"In this group, Chillin for the Lord"
Yeah, we're chillin all right

"I'll hold your towel"
"Three!"
Oh, we are starting.
"Two!"
No time to back out now
"One"
What did I get myself into?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!
splashing
chilly
knee-deep
like, coldest water ever!
Dive now
all the way under!

Swim
Are you crazy?
Can't
Must get out of water
Just run the rest of the way



Crazy diving patrol guy- really wants a high-five
Keep running
Am I really breathing?
I am glad I'm not a fish
Keep running
high five
turn around



long way to the beach

Keep running
lots of shoes floating near shore

I didn't lose my shorts did I?
Would I know it if I did?

Can't feel my legs



Can you say cold?
land!!!!!
towel!
stabbing
knives in the calves
prickly pears
barely breathing
pins and needles all over
crazy kind of pain

Nice day- cold water

That was kind of fun!

morons

Wow- I am cold


dry clothes
hot coffee


Picture with the team














Ah, yeah- chillin!
Let's go home!

2 comments:

momofonefornow said...

You are all completely insane!

I bet you are glad that you didn't sign on for that 24 in 24 thing. Yikes!

livesimply said...

wow! You're nuts!!! Looks like it was a lot of fun. Are you sick yet?