Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My First Post

Donnie Miller, A friend from college who started in church in Gardner, Kansas, told me about an article he read, written by John Piper, entitled, "6 Reasons Pastors Should Blog." I read it and thought, "okay, I guess I should start a blog." But I have to admit that I doubted that more than a handful of people would ever read it. Okay, I still wonder if anyone will read it.

Then I exchanged a few emails with Jennifer, who sings and plays piano in our worship band. I noticed that her signature line included a link to her blog, so I checked it out, and discovered Jennifer's heart, passion, and questions! So maybe this blogging thing might be a worthwhile endeavor.

Then, I was talking about this idea to Shawna, on of our most faithful members, and she told me about her blog, and about how she has connected with so many people around the world through her blog, where she describes her struggle with infertility.

So thanks to Donnnie, Jennifer and Shawna, you get to hear my thoughts on just about anything that comes to mind.

Over the last year or so I have put a lot of thought into what it means to lead a church as pastor. I have landed on what I think is a good model for pastoring that also fits my personality. My first substantive posts will feature my thoughts on this, as presented to my church. Following, I hope to share any new thoughts and developments.

So here we go.... enjoy ..... feel free to comment!

Blessings.

2 comments:

momofonefornow said...

Hey Jason!

The first post is the hardest but you hit the ground running!

Do you have an igoogle account? If not you might consider setting one up because once people start commenting you may want to follow their blog. and that is the easiest way that I have found to do so.

Donnie Miller said...

Glad I could coax you into blogdom.